Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Family's Mac and Cheese

It’s time to start thinking about favorite Thanksgiving recipes.  My family is excited to have one of our favorites – My Ky hot brown macaroni and cheese casserole.  I make it on special occasions.  It’s definitely not a once-a-week type of casserole.  I usually surprise them on  the occasional Saturday, and definitely on Thanksgiving.  The Kentucky Hot Brown is my favorite sandwich of all time, it was only fair that I turn it into a casserole.  Try it at your own risk!  I guarantee it becoming a favorite family meal.

KY Hot Brown Mac and Cheese Casserole.


Thick cut baked ham cut into pieces.
Turkey breast cut into pieces.
Cooked bacon cooked into pieces.
Fresh, sliced tomatoes
Cooked and drained macaroni.

Cheese Sauce
½ stick butter melted
Flour- mix to make a roux.  I use Bob’s Red Mill all-purpose flour.
Stir in heavy cream
Add cheese.  Mix until melted.

Mix everything together.  Add sliced tomatoes on top and sprinkle with more cheese. Bake until browned on top. 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment