Thursday, June 2, 2011

Family Updates and A Namaste Foods Cookbook

A lot of things going on in our family recently, the oldest graduated from Elementary School (tears).  The youngest has had a lot of tummy problems later, causing us to eliminate dairy for a while in our home.  I hope this helps her and yet does not get permanently added to our "NO" list.  Eliminating Soy, Wheat, Peanuts, and Tree Nuts feels like quite enough for now. Presently, we are trying coconut milk until her tummy problems can be solved.  I'm finally getting a handle on all of our food options with a business opportunity to boot.  The gardens are looking great right now, the rains have wrecked havoc on our home but been great for the farm.  A lot going on in our family, but that doesn't get in the way of what I have to share with everyone..
Recently, I received a shipment from Namaste Foods, LLC of products for an upcoming charity health carnival for our group "Gluten & Allergy Free KY" is attending.  How excited was I to see their first-ever cookbook?  It's title is "Simple Pleasures Gluten-free Cookbook" and I was thoroughly thrilled to dive in and check out the recipes.  I knew this cookbook was going to be great when the first recipe was apple fritters, the way to this KY mom's heart.  The cookbook is separated into Breads & Breakfasts, Savory Soups & Salads, Main Dishes, and Desserts; all of which involve a Namaste Foods mix.  You can definitely tell that a lot of creativity went into planning these recipes.  From the Perfect Piroshkis to the Luscious Lemon Cake, these recipes sound like a lot of fun to start playing with.  I highly recommend checking out this recipe book.  I love the mixes and are ready to share with my support group all the goodies I have received.
Namaste Foods, Gluten Free Perfect Flour Blend, 48-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)

1 comment:

  1. I am following from bloggymoms, you can follow me back at http://hugatreewithme2.blogspot.com if you want

    ReplyDelete