Thursday, June 16, 2011

Allergy-Friendly Catering, Baking, and Sharing..

Sooo much going on in my ‘neck of the woods’, gardening, baking, cooking, cleaning, referee, etc. You know, regular ‘ol mom stuff. To be perfectly honest with you, all the good food have been going to my clients interested in my allergy-friendly goodness. AND I LOVE IT!! I love to cook and create new recipes; I always have. I’m very excited and extremely nervous to have my creations available to other people. It’s one thing to have your family eat your food; they don’t really have a choice. It’s completely different to have other families eat your food; kind of intimidating to say the least. What if they don’t like it? Luckily, I didn’t overdo things and kept my menu small and to what I felt most comfortable making. So far, so good; I haven’t had anyone be disappointed. I recently catered a birthday party for a 13 year old gluten-free young lady. How scary is that? Mini corn dogs, pizza rolls, cake pops, and creamsicle cupcakes. My house smelled wonderful! I couldn’t wait for the day of delivery so my family would quit complaining that I didn’t make any extras for them. Luckily, her mom sent me a message on Facebook stating that everyone LOVED the food. I sooo hope she wasn’t just trying to be nice. Anyway, I hope everyone stops by my Facebook page, Kentucky Mom Cooking Allergy Free, to say hi and “Like” me. I have found an easy recipe, however, for our family in a pinch for lunch. I look forward to sharing it with you. It’s an easy one to change up and make it with whatever you have handy. The only change I would make would be to grill the slices of polenta to get that ‘crust’ on the bottom. Enjoy!!

Barbecue Chicken Polenta Pizza Bites

1 prepared polenta roll cut into thin slices
2 pieces left over barbecue chicken cut into bite-size pieces
2 green onions sliced thinly
Ranch Dressing
1 cup shredded cheese ( I like Monterey Jack)


Place polenta on greased cookie sheet, I like for them to be touching each other because it makes it easier to spread ingredients. Drizzle ranch dressing all over polenta, spread green onions all over polenta. The cheese is next, and then the chicken. Place in pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes. Use a fork to enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you mentioned polenta, because it's one of those foods I've been meaning to try for us, and just never got around to!

    Congrats on the birthday party success! I hope your catering business continues to do well.

    ReplyDelete