Monday, September 23, 2013

Where Have I Been?

Well, to answer that question I will tell you that my husband and I opened our own business. It has been something we have thought and prayed about for a long time and when I lost my Step-Father who raised my brother and I... Things changed. Losing him so suddenly really put a lot of things into perspective for us. My husband and I married young and had to build up our "nest egg" for a long time. After a lot of prayers we started seeing God really working and opening doors for us that had not been there in the past. We decided to let God take control and we've never been more excited or busy!  Opening a business is not for the faint of heart and I have done more paperwork these past couple of weeks than I ever had. We have been truly blessed with a business that has been up and running non-stop since we made our decision. We have been blessed with Family and close friends rooting us on and passing out business cards to whomever they meet. As my role as my Husband's biggest fan and personal assistant is slowing down a bit... I wanted to share all of these changes with you all!  
Now to good stuff in the kitchen!  My crock-pot has been working overtime to fix dinner for me. We happened to have a rooster that needed to be put in a pot, so I was happy to oblige. We now have some beautiful canned chicken stock and enough pulled meat for a couple of different meals. Do you prepare ahead?

My Paleo Chicken!

One organic, free range chicken from my farm or yours... Or the grocery, Lol
2 stalks celery
3 medium carrots
1 onion quartered

Place all in crockpot and cover with water for at least 6 hours on low setting. Overnight is best. 

Remove chicken to pull meat when cool to the touch. Strain your stock to can or freeze ( I do both). 


No comments:

Post a Comment